Have you ever looked at a pile of zucchini and wondered what to so with all of the goodness? This recipe has become a favorite of ours. Something just a little different and a great way to use up some things that you have on hand. Who knows, the next time I may even add a little pepperoni to make this feel more pizza like.
- 3 1/2 cups shredded zucchini or zoodles
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c shredded cheese (can be a mix of any kind including parmesan)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion.
- 1 pint of salsa or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup of cheese
- 1 small chopped green pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix, zucchini, eggs and 1/2 cup of cheese together.
- Press in a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cook ground beef and onion until done.
- Add salsa.
- Pour over baked zucchini and add cheese and green pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes more.